Therefore encourage one another and build each other up. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
This is a ministry to the seniors of our church and also an outreach to our community. Our mission and desire is to provide encouragement as well as hope and love through prayer and devotion. Our programs here at Charlton Baptist church are as follows:
- Card Program – we send cards for Birthdays, Wedding Anniversary, Encouragement, Thinking of you, Get well and Prayer cards.
- Visitation – we offer both Women’s and Men’s visitation, at home or in a healthcare facility.
- Senior Ride – we have a team in place to drive to doctor appointment, picking up for church, drug store or grocery pick up.
- Senior Connection – Women’s group and Men’s group. This group meets for breakfast or a luncheon outing to fellowship with one another.
- Gatherings – Spring and Fall gathering at CBC for a dinner or brunch to celebrate an upcoming holiday together.
- Lap Throw – a handmade lap throw is given to comfort loved one who is ill, for special birthday and 50 th Wedding Anniversary.
- Prayer Team – a team of three prayer warriors lead the team and prays for the needs of all of our Seniors.
- Outreach in the Community – God has opened the door to the Summit Eldercare at the Masonic Home in Charlton. We visit weekly to read the Bible, sing, take prayer requests and pray for one another.